Wolofalu Jumaa ji
The entire manuscript is available for download below as a single PDF file. Each page is also available as a separate, larger, JPG file. If higher-resolution JP2 files are needed (WARNING: files average 11-14MB in size), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Fieldwork Team: Dr. Fallou Ngom (PI), Cheikh Tidiane Fall (Co-applicant), Ablaye Diakite (Researcher), Birane Gassama (Researcher) Technical Team: Roger Brisson (Head of Metadata Services, BU Libraries), Vika Zafrin (Institutional Repository Librarian, BU Libraries), Jack Ammerman (Associate University Librarian for Digital Initiatives and Open Access, BU Libraries), and Dr. Peter Quella. This collection of Wolofal (Wolof Ajami) materials is copied as part of the EAP 334 Project (Digital Preservation of Wolof Ajami manuscripts of Senegal) led by Dr. Fallou Ngom in collaboration with WARA/WARC and Boston University Library. The project is funded by the British Library/Arcadia Endangered Archives. Access Condition and Copyright: The materials are subject to copyright. Access is for research and educational purposes only. Materials are not to be reproduced without written permission. Citation: Materials in this web edition may be cited as: Ngom, Fallou. 2011. African Ajami Library: EAP 334. Digital Preservation of Wolof Ajami Manuscripts of Senegal. Boston: Boston University Library: http://dcommon.bu.edu For Inquires: Please, contact Professor Fallou Ngom (email@example.com)
Serigne Moussa Ka
This material deals with the history of the construction of the mosque of Touba. It discusses the planning, division of labor, challenges, and role of key Murid figures (Serigne Mbacke Bousso, Mame Thierno, Cheikh Ibrahima Fall, Serigne Balla Thioro, Amdy Moustapha Mbacke, Cheikh Masamba Mbacke, among others) in the project. The documents were written between 1932 (the beginning of the construction of the mosque) and 1963 by Serigne Moussa Ka, and were disseminated in 1963 by Serigne Saliou Ka (at the first opening of the mosque). Serigne Ngagne Ba and Serigne Saliou Cisse were the first to read the poem that day. The poem contains 1647 verses. Based on the interview with the owner, the materials were written between 1932 and 1963. Digitized on 21 July 2011. Due to the poor photocopy quality of some pages, some lines are hard to read. The last page has a tear.